Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Meatloaf muffin

Meatloaf in muffin pan ready to bake
While surfing Pinterest I stumbled upon a picture of meatloaf baked in a muffin pan. As you can imagine I imediately thought "Why didn't I think of that". Cooking for 7 people I like things that help with portion control and that are easy enough for even my hubby to cook. So I decided to use my Meatloaf recipe and put this idea to the test.

Right now this meatloaf is sitting in my fridge wrapped and marinating for tomorrow. So I'll make sure to post an update tommorow. As of now the theory is that you don't have to make a mess cutting and it cooks faster that in a loaf pan.

Ok let me tell you what you'll need to do this. I'm sharing my personal meatloaf recipe. feel free to doctor it up to your taste.


Yeild : 12 servings
Prep time: 10 Min
Cook time: 20-25 Min
Oven Temp: 375 degrees

Materials & Ingredients:

1 Standard Size Muffin Pan
1 Large bowl
2 pounds of ground meat (I used Turkey)
1/4 cup of chopped onions (or Tastefuly Simples' Onion Onion)
1 TBS of Garlic (or Tastefuly Simples' Garlic Garlic)
2 TBS of chopped Cilantro (fresh or dried)
1/2 Tbsp Salt
1/3 Tbsp Ground Pepper
1 Egg
2/4 cup bread crumbs

Additional ingredients:

BBQ Sauce

Instructions:

With clean hands, place all of the ingredients exept the BBQ Sauce into the large bowl and mix. Add to muffin pan in equal portions. Top with BBQ sauce. If you're going to bake it imediately after mizing you're good to go just cover it with foil so the BBQ Sauce doesn't burn. If you're going to bake the next day just wrap and store in the fridge till it's time to bake. Bake for 20-25 min (or until fully cooked) in the oven at 375.

Enjoy! Feel free to let me know what you think, share your pictures or recipe changes.

Update:

The meatloaf took only 20 min to cook which was a hit for me as I like 30 min or less meals. it was also a great way to do portion control.

So go for it try it!


No comments:

Post a Comment